Welcome to Run in the Sun!

Running, paddling, eating and drinking my way through Newport Beach.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Confessions

The 5k this past Saturday was a success all around:

I wore my new neon yellow dry fit,

The most important part of racing: good hair.


I PR'ed and placed 2nd in my age group,

Boom: age group medal.

and the best part: my husband came in 3rd in his age group. Surprise! (Don't worry, I still beat him.)

Holy s@#$! Third place!

Besides this, though, it was a success because running finally felt good again. The last few months, running  has been a struggle; painful both physically and mentally, and difficult to make progress with. But during and after the race, I was happy to be running and felt like I could go on forever. Winning all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment